- A table or tray strewn with sand, anciently used for
drawing, calculating, etc.
- A calculating table or frame; an instrument for performing
arithmetical calculations by balls sliding on wires, or counters in
grooves, the lowest line representing units, the second line, tens,
etc. It is still employed in China.
- The uppermost member or division of the capital of a
column, immediately under the architrave. See Column.
- A tablet, panel, or compartment in ornamented or mosaic
- A board, tray, or table, divided into perforated
compartments, for holding cups, bottles, or the like; a kind of
cupboard, buffet, or sideboard.