- To point or direct a missile weapon, or a weapon which
propels as missile, towards an object or spot with the intent of
hitting it; as, to aim at a fox, or at a target.
- To direct the indention or purpose; to attempt the
accomplishment of a purpose; to try to gain; to endeavor; -- followed
by at, or by an infinitive; as, to aim at distinction; to aim to do
- To guess or conjecture.
- The pointing of a weapon, as a gun, a dart, or an arrow, in
the line of direction with the object intended to be struck; the line
of fire; the direction of anything, as a spear, a blow, a discourse, a
remark, towards a particular point or object, with a view to strike or
- The point intended to be hit, or object intended to be
attained or affected.
- Intention; purpose; design; scheme.
- Conjecture; guess. - To direct or point, as a weapon, at a particular object; to
direct, as a missile, an act, or a proceeding, at, to, or against an
object; as, to aim a musket or an arrow, the fist or a blow (at
something); to aim a satire or a reflection (at some person or vice).