- See Alley, a marble or taw. - A relative; a kinsman.
- One united to another by treaty or league; -- usually applied
to sovereigns or states; a confederate.
- Anything associated with another as a helper; an auxiliary.
- Anything akin to another by structure, etc. - To unite, or form a connection between, as between
families by marriage, or between princes and states by treaty, league,
or confederacy; -- often followed by to or with.
- To connect or form a relation between by similitude,
resemblance, friendship, or love.