- Consisting of amber; made of amber.
- Resembling amber, especially in color; amber-colored. - A yellowish translucent resin resembling copal, found as a
fossil in alluvial soils, with beds of lignite, or on the seashore in
many places. It takes a fine polish, and is used for pipe mouthpieces,
beads, etc., and as a basis for a fine varnish. By friction, it becomes
- Amber color, or anything amber-colored; a clear light
yellow; as, the amber of the sky.
- The balsam, liquidambar. - To scent or flavor with ambergris; as, ambered wine.
- To preserve in amber; as, an ambered fly.