- The inclosed space near the point where two lines meet; a
corner; a nook.
- The figure made by. two lines which meet.
- The difference of direction of two lines. In the lines meet,
the point of meeting is the vertex of the angle.
- A projecting or sharp corner; an angular fragment.
- A name given to four of the twelve astrological "houses."
- A fishhook; tackle for catching fish, consisting of a line,
hook, and bait, with or without a rod. - To fish with an angle (fishhook), or with hook and line.
- To use some bait or artifice; to intrigue; to scheme; as,
to angle for praise. - To try to gain by some insinuating artifice; to allure.