- A sack or pouch, used for holding anything; as, a bag of meal
or of money.
- A sac, or dependent gland, in animal bodies, containing some
fluid or other substance; as, the bag of poison in the mouth of some
serpents; the bag of a cow.
- A sort of silken purse formerly tied about men's hair behind,
by way of ornament.
- The quantity of game bagged.
- A certain quantity of a commodity, such as it is customary to
carry to market in a sack; as, a bag of pepper or hops; a bag of
coffee. - To swell or hang down like a full bag; as, the skin bags
from containing morbid matter.
- To swell with arrogance.
- To become pregnant. - To put into a bag; as, to bag hops.
- To seize, capture, or entrap; as, to bag an army; to bag
- To furnish or load with a bag or with a well filled bag.