- A title of honor in Turkey and in some other parts of the
East; a bey. - To ask alms or charity, especially to ask habitually by the
wayside or from house to house; to live by asking alms. - To ask earnestly for; to entreat or supplicate for; to
- To ask for as a charity, esp. to ask for habitually or from
house to house.
- To make petition to; to entreat; as, to beg a person to
grant a favor.
- To take for granted; to assume without proof.
- To ask to be appointed guardian for, or to ask to have a
guardian appointed for.