- An esculent vegetable of many varieties, derived from the
wild Brassica oleracea of Europe. The common cabbage has a compact head
of leaves. The cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc., are sometimes
classed as cabbages.
- The terminal bud of certain palm trees, used, like,
cabbage, for food. See Cabbage tree, below.
- The cabbage palmetto. See below.
- Cloth or clippings cabbaged or purloined by one who cuts
out garments. - To form a head like that the cabbage; as, to make
- To purloin or embezzle, as the pieces of cloth
remaining after cutting out a garment; to pilfer.