- Division; separation, as of compound substances into their
- A going away; departure; hence, death. - To part; to divide; to separate.
- To go forth or away; to quit, leave, or separate, as
from a place or a person; to withdraw; -- opposed to arrive; -- often
with from before the place, person, or thing left, and for or to before
- To forsake; to abandon; to desist or deviate (from); not
to adhere to; -- with from; as, we can not depart from our rules; to
depart from a title or defense in legal pleading.
- To pass away; to perish.
- To quit this world; to die. - To part thoroughly; to dispart; to divide; to separate.
- To divide in order to share; to apportion.
- To leave; to depart from.