- Satisfaction; pleasure; hence, accommodation; entertainment.
- Freedom from anything that pains or troubles; as: (a) Relief
from labor or effort; rest; quiet; relaxation; as, ease of body.
- Freedom from care, solicitude, or anything that annoys or
disquiets; tranquillity; peace; comfort; security; as, ease of mind.
- Freedom from constraint, formality, difficulty,
embarrassment, etc.; facility; liberty; naturalness; -- said of manner,
style, etc.; as, ease of style, of behavior, of address.
- To free from anything that pains, disquiets, or oppresses; to
relieve from toil or care; to give rest, repose, or tranquility to; --
often with of; as, to ease of pain; ease the body or mind.
- To render less painful or oppressive; to mitigate; to
- To release from pressure or restraint; to move gently; to
lift slightly; to shift a little; as, to ease a bar or nut in
- To entertain; to furnish with accommodations.