- A variant of Fere, a mate, a companion.
- A painful emotion or passion excited by the expectation of
evil, or the apprehension of impending danger; apprehension; anxiety;
solicitude; alarm; dread.
- Apprehension of incurring, or solicitude to avoid, God's
wrath; the trembling and awful reverence felt toward the Supreme Belng.
- Respectful reverence for men of authority or worth.
- That which causes, or which is the object of, apprehension or
alarm; source or occasion of terror; danger; dreadfulness.
- To feel a painful apprehension of; to be afraid of; to
consider or expect with emotion of alarm or solicitude.
- To have a reverential awe of; to solicitous to avoid the
- To be anxious or solicitous for.
- To suspect; to doubt.
- To affright; to terrify; to drive away or prevent approach of
by fear. - To be in apprehension of evil; to be afraid; to feel
anxiety on account of some expected evil.