- A stone, commonly of a pale to dark green color but sometimes
whitish. It is very hard and compact, capable of fine polish, and is
used for ornamental purposes and for implements, esp. in Eastern
countries and among many early peoples.
- A mean or tired horse; a worthless nag.
- A disreputable or vicious woman; a wench; a quean; also,
sometimes, a worthless man.
- A young woman; -- generally so called in irony or slight
contempt. - To become weary; to lose spirit. - To treat like a jade; to spurn.
- To make ridiculous and contemptible.
- To exhaust by overdriving or long-continued labor of any
kind; to tire or wear out by severe or tedious tasks; to harass.