- Of or pertaining to the lips or labia; as, labial veins.
- Furnished with lips; as, a labial organ pipe.
- Articulated, as a consonant, mainly by the lips, as b, p,
- Modified, as a vowel, by contraction of the lip opening, as
/ (f/d), / (/ld), etc., and as eu and u in French, and o, u in German.
See Guide to Pronunciation, // 11, 178.
- Of or pertaining to the labium; as, the labial palpi of
insects. See Labium. - A letter or character representing an articulation or sound
formed or uttered chiefly with the lips, as b, p, w.
- An organ pipe that is furnished with lips; a flue pipe.
- One of the scales which border the mouth of a fish or