- A money of account in China equal to one tenth of a tael;
also, a weight of 57.98 grains.
- A kind of spice; the aril which partly covers nutmegs. See
- A heavy staff or club of metal; a spiked club; -- used as
weapon in war before the general use of firearms, especially in the
Middle Ages, for breaking metal armor.
- A staff borne by, or carried before, a magistrate as an
ensign of his authority.
- An officer who carries a mace as an emblem of authority.
- A knobbed mallet used by curriers in dressing leather to make
- A rod for playing billiards, having one end suited to resting
on the table and pushed with one hand.