- Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked
body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
- Having no means of defense or protection; open; unarmed;
- Unprovided with needful or desirable accessories, means of
sustenance, etc.; destitute; unaided; bare.
- Without addition, exaggeration, or excuses; not concealed or
disguised; open to view; manifest; plain.
- Mere; simple; plain.
- Without pubescence; as, a naked leaf or stem; bare, or not
covered by the customary parts, as a flower without a perianth, a stem
without leaves, seeds without a pericarp, buds without bud scales.
- Not having the full complement of tones; -- said of a chord
of only two tones, which requires a third tone to be sounded with them
to make the combination pleasing to the ear; as, a naked fourth or