- The act of obeying, or the state of being obedient;
compliance with that which is required by authority; subjection to
rightful restraint or control.
- Words or actions denoting submission to authority;
- A following; a body of adherents; as, the Roman Catholic
obedience, or the whole body of persons who submit to the authority of
- A cell (or offshoot of a larger monastery) governed by a
- One of the three monastic vows.
- The written precept of a superior in a religious order
or congregation to a subject.