- The impulse of a wave by which a vessel is carried bodily. - To dispatch an agent or messenger to convey a message, or
to do an errand.
- To pitch; as, the ship sends forward so violently as to
endanger her masts. - To cause to go in any manner; to dispatch; to commission
or direct to go; as, to send a messenger.
- To give motion to; to cause to be borne or carried; to
procure the going, transmission, or delivery of; as, to send a message.
- To emit; to impel; to cast; to throw; to hurl; as, to send
a ball, an arrow, or the like.
- To cause to be or to happen; to bestow; to inflict; to
grant; -- sometimes followed by a dependent proposition.