- Extension, considered independently of anything which it may
contain; that which makes extended objects conceivable and possible.
- Place, having more or less extension; room.
- A quantity or portion of extension; distance from one thing
to another; an interval between any two or more objects; as, the space
between two stars or two hills; the sound was heard for the space of a
- Quantity of time; an interval between two points of time;
- A short time; a while.
- Walk; track; path; course.
- A small piece of metal cast lower than a face type, so as
not to receive the ink in printing, -- used to separate words or
- The distance or interval between words or letters in the
lines, or between lines, as in books.
- One of the intervals, or open places, between the lines of
- To walk; to rove; to roam.
- To arrange or adjust the spaces in or between; as, to space
words, lines, or letters