- Held in trust; as, trust property; trustmoney. - Assured resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity,
justice, friendship, or other sound principle, of another person;
confidence; reliance; reliance.
- Credit given; especially, delivery of property or
merchandise in reliance upon future payment; exchange without immediate
receipt of an equivalent; as, to sell or buy goods on trust.
- Assured anticipation; dependence upon something future or
contingent, as if present or actual; hope; belief.
- That which is committed or intrusted to one; something
received in confidence; charge; deposit.
- The condition or obligation of one to whom anything is
confided; responsible charge or office.
- That upon which confidence is reposed; ground of reliance;
- An estate devised or granted in confidence that the devisee
or grantee shall convey it, or dispose of the profits, at the will, or
for the benefit, of another; an estate held for the use of another; a
confidence respecting property reposed i - To have trust; to be credulous; to be won to confidence;
- To be confident, as of something future; to hope.
- To sell or deliver anything in reliance upon a promise of
payment; to give credit.