- The act of vacating; a making void or of no force; as,
the vacation of an office or a charter.
- Intermission of a stated employment, procedure, or
office; a period of intermission; rest; leisure.
- Intermission of judicial proceedings; the space of time
between the end of one term and the beginning of the next; nonterm;
- The intermission of the regular studies and exercises of
an educational institution between terms; holidays; as, the spring
- The time when an office is vacant; esp. (Eccl.), the time
when a see, or other spiritual dignity, is vacant.