- An involuntary act, excited by drowsiness, etc., consisting
of a deep and long inspiration following several successive attempts at
inspiration, the mouth, fauces, etc., being wide open.
- The act of opening wide, or of gaping.
- A chasm, mouth, or passageway. - To open the mouth involuntarily through drowsiness,
dullness, or fatigue; to gape; to oscitate.
- To open wide; to gape, as if to allow the entrance or exit
- To open the mouth, or to gape, through surprise or
- To be eager; to desire to swallow anything; to express
desire by yawning; as, to yawn for fat livings.