- The act of confiding, trusting, or putting faith in;
trust; reliance; belief; -- formerly followed by of, now commonly by
- That in which faith is put or reliance had.
- The state of mind characterized by one's reliance on
himself, or his circumstances; a feeling of self-sufficiency; such
assurance as leads to a feeling of security; self-reliance; -- often
with self prefixed.
- Private conversation; (pl.) secrets shared; as, there
were confidences between them.
- Trustful; without fear or suspicion; frank; unreserved.
- Having self-reliance; bold; undaunted.
- Having an excess of assurance; bold to a fault;
dogmatical; impudent; presumptuous.
- Giving occasion for confidence.