- As far as; up to the place or degree that; especially, up
to the time that; that is, to the time specified in the sentence or
clause following; until. - A vetch; a tare.
- A drawer.
- A tray or drawer in a chest.
- A money drawer in a shop or store.
- A deposit of clay, sand, and gravel, without lamination,
formed in a glacier valley by means of the waters derived from the
melting glaciers; -- sometimes applied to alluvium of an upper river
terrace, when not laminated, and appearing as if formed in the same
- A kind of coarse, obdurate land. - To plow and prepare for seed, and to sow, dress, raise
crops from, etc., to cultivate; as, to till the earth, a field, a farm.
- To prepare; to get. - To cultivate land. - To; unto; up to; as far as; until; -- now used only in
respect to time, but formerly, also, of place, degree, etc., and still
so used in Scotland and in parts of England and Ireland; as, I worked
till four o'clock; I will wait till next week.