- To submit; to surrender or yield one's self.
- To yield consent; to agree; to acquiesce. - To give, transfer, or deliver, in a formal manner, as
if by signing over into the possession of another, or into a different
state, with the sense of fixedness in that state, or permanence of
possession; as, to consign the body to the grave.
- To give in charge; to commit; to intrust.
- To send or address (by bill of lading or otherwise) to
an agent or correspondent in another place, to be cared for or sold, or
for the use of such correspondent; as, to consign a cargo or a ship; to
- To assign; to devote; to set apart.
- To stamp or impress; to affect.