- A messenger.
- A spiritual, celestial being, superior to man in power and
intelligence. In the Scriptures the angels appear as God's messengers.
- One of a class of "fallen angels;" an evil spirit; as, the
devil and his angels.
- A minister or pastor of a church, as in the Seven Asiatic
- Attendant spirit; genius; demon.
- An appellation given to a person supposed to be of angelic
goodness or loveliness; a darling.
- An ancient gold coin of England, bearing the figure of the
archangel Michael. It varied in value from 6s. 8d. to 10s.