- A man of any age who has not been married.
- An unmarried woman.
- A person who has taken the first or lowest degree in the
liberal arts, or in some branch of science, at a college or university;
as, a bachelor of arts.
- A knight who had no standard of his own, but fought under
the standard of another in the field; often, a young knight.
- In the companies of London tradesmen, one not yet
admitted to wear the livery; a junior member.
- A kind of bass, an edible fresh-water fish (Pomoxys
annularis) of the southern United States.