- That which is embraced by eye in vision; the region which
the eye overlooks at one time; view; scene; outlook.
- Especially, a picturesque or widely extended view; a
landscape; hence, a sketch of a landscape.
- A position affording a fine view; a lookout.
- Relative position of the front of a building or other
structure; face; relative aspect.
- The act of looking forward; foresight; anticipation; as,
a prospect of the future state.
- That which is hoped for; ground for hope or expectation;
expectation; probable result; as, the prospect of success. - To make a search; to seek; to explore, as for mines or
the like; as, to prospect for gold. - To look over; to explore or examine for something; as,
to prospect a district for gold.