- The act of repairing or resorting to a place.
- Place to which one repairs; a haunt; a resort.
- Restoration to a sound or good state after decay, waste,
injury, or partial restruction; supply of loss; reparation; as,
materials are collected for the repair of a church or of a city.
- Condition with respect to soundness, perfectness, etc.; as,
a house in good, or bad, repair; the book is out of repair. - To return.
- To go; to betake one's self; to resort; ass, to repair
to sanctuary for safety. - To restore to a sound or good state after decay, injury,
dilapidation, or partial destruction; to renew; to restore; to mend;
as, to repair a house, a road, a shoe, or a ship; to repair a shattered
- To make amends for, as for an injury, by an equivalent;
to indemnify for; as, to repair a loss or damage.