- That which limits the extent of anything; limit; extremity;
- The time for which anything lasts; any limited time; as, a
term of five years; the term of life.
- In universities, schools, etc., a definite continuous period
during which instruction is regularly given to students; as, the school
year is divided into three terms.
- A point, line, or superficies, that limits; as, a line is the
term of a superficies, and a superficies is the term of a solid.
- A fixed period of time; a prescribed duration
- The limitation of an estate; or rather, the whole time for
which an estate is granted, as for the term of a life or lives, or for
a term of years.
- A space of time granted to a debtor for discharging his
- The time in which a court is held or is open for the trial of
- The subject or the predicate of a proposition; one of the
three component parts of a syllogism, each one of which is used twice.