- The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal;
- The act of owning or recognized in a particular
character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence,
authority, truth, or genuineness.
- The owning of a benefit received; courteous
recognition; expression of thanks.
- Something given or done in return for a favor,
- A declaration or avowal of one's own act, to give
it legal validity; as, the acknowledgment of a deed before a proper
officer. Also, the certificate of the officer attesting such