- Possessing great sensibility; easily affected or moved;
as, a feeling heart.
- Expressive of great sensibility; attended by, or evincing,
sensibility; as, he made a feeling representation of his wrongs. - The sense by which the mind, through certain nerves of the
body, perceives external objects, or certain states of the body itself;
that one of the five senses which resides in the general nerves of
sensation distributed over the body, especially in its surface; the
sense of touch; nervous sensibility to external objects.
- An act or state of perception by the sense above
described; an act of apprehending any object whatever; an act or state
of apprehending the state of the soul itself; consciousness.
- The capacity of the soul for emotional states; a high
degree of susceptibility to emotions or states of the sensibility not
dependent on the body; as, a man of feeling; a man destitute of
- Any state or condition of emotion; the exercise of the
capacity for emotion; any mental state whatever; as, a right or a wrong
feeling in the heart; our angry or kindly feelings; a feeling of pride
or of humility.
- That quality of a work of art which embod - of Feel