- The act of noting, remarking, or observing; observation by
the senses or intellect; cognizance; note.
- Intelligence, by whatever means communicated; knowledge
given or received; means of knowledge; express notification;
- An announcement, often accompanied by comments or remarks;
as, book notices; theatrical notices.
- A writing communicating information or warning.
- Attention; respectful treatment; civility. - To observe; to see to mark; to take note of; to heed; to
pay attention to.
- To show that one has observed; to take public note of;
remark upon; to make comments on; to refer to; as, to notice a book.
- To treat with attention and civility; as, to notice