- Contained within limits; hence, having the desires limited
by that which one has; not disposed to repine or grumble; satisfied;
contented; at rest.
- To satisfy the desires of; to make easy in any situation;
to appease or quiet; to gratify; to please.
- To satisfy the expectations of; to pay; to requite. - That which is contained; the thing or things held by a
receptacle or included within specified limits; as, the contents of a
cask or bale or of a room; the contents of a book.
- Power of containing; capacity; extent; size.
- Area or quantity of space or matter contained within
certain limits; as, solid contents; superficial contents.
- Rest or quietness of the mind in one's present condition;
freedom from discontent; satisfaction; contentment; moderate happiness.
- Acquiescence without examination.
- That which contents or satisfies; that which if attained
would make one happy.
- An expression of assent to a bill or motion; an
affirmative vote; also, a member who votes "Content.".