- To seek by request; to make application; to petition; to
entreat; to plead.
- To prosecute; to make legal claim; to seek (for something)
in law; as, to sue for damages.
- To woo; to pay addresses as a lover.
- To be left high and dry on the shore, as a ship. - To follow up; to chase; to seek after; to endeavor to win;
- To seek justice or right from, by legal process; to
institute process in law against; to bring an action against; to
- To proceed with, as an action, and follow it up to its
proper termination; to gain by legal process.
- To clean, as the beak; -- said of a hawk.
- To leave high and dry on shore; as, to sue a ship.