- A footpath; a road.
- An easy-paced horse; a padnag.
- A robber that infests the road on foot; a highwayman; --
usually called a footpad.
- The act of robbing on the highway.
- A soft, or small, cushion; a mass of anything soft; stuffing.
- A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting; esp., one
formed of many flat sheets of writing paper, or layers of blotting
paper; a block of paper.
- A cushion used as a saddle without a tree or frame.
- A stuffed guard or protection; esp., one worn on the legs of
horses to prevent bruising.
- A cushionlike thickening of the skin one the under side of the
toes of animals.
- A floating leaf of a water lily or similar plant.
- A soft bag or cushion to relieve pressure, support a part,
- A piece of timber fixed on a beam to fit the curve of the
- A measure for fish; as, sixty mackerel go to a pad; a basket
of soles. - To travel heavily or slowly.
- To rob on foot.
- To wear a path by walking. - To travel upon foot; to tread.
- To stuff; to furnish with a pad or padding.
- To imbue uniformly with a mordant; as, to pad cloth.